Dragon Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Twilight

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Recent Thoughts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aevlore
Free Spirited Phoenix Dragon
Free Spirited Phoenix Dragon
Aevlore

Male
Number of posts : 199
Otherkin Type : White Phoenix Dragon
Registration date : 2008-02-26

My Recent Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: My Recent Thoughts   My Recent Thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:00 am

Recently, i've been thinking about some boorish, random things again (Moan...), but these things caught my interest, funnily.

What if everyone had trust in everyone? Would there be need for police?

What if everyone believed in the same thing? Would it come true?

Things like this interest me, because it gets you thinking of what would be the outcome of these questions. If everyone trusted each other, would there be a need for police?

To me, no. If everyone had trust, we wouldn't need to worry about whether they're going to rob the corner shop, or go joyriding. To me, I don't know why no one HAS trust in each other.

My next thought is over-protective parents. It 'annoys' me to see parents restricting their children to more or less everything to keep them safe.

Yes, I can understand to restrict them from a busy road, but you don't have to make them stay at the most 4ft from the house (Not literally, but that is what it seems)! What is life without risks? All you need to say to them is to 'Stay away from that busy road because it is too dangerous for someone your age', and make that point clear.

Also, parents who tell their children off for silly, minute things annoy me. Say a child was playing football near some cars. The ball goes in the air and bounces off a car. If that was your car, would you be bothered? I know I wouldn't, because no damage was done. But noooooo.. The child's mother flips out and tells the child off and sends him inside. Why?! No harm was done!

My recent conclusion to a better world is "Humans should be as intelligent as all the other animals".

Why?

If humans had the intelligence range of, say a dog, or a horse, would they come up with the idea of cities, or organized civilization, or cars? Ever since the creation of cities and such, humankind has been, and will still be, their downfall. So, to me, human beings are better off as smart and intelligent as all the other animals.

Well, those are my random thoughts. Have you had any thoughts you'd like to share?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/full_time_dragon/
Wicthdragon
Judicial Dragon
Judicial Dragon

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2007-03-19

My Recent Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Recent Thoughts   My Recent Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:50 am

very interresting way of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Mottmon
Egg
Egg

Male
Number of posts : 10
Otherkin Type : White Dragon
Registration date : 2008-03-18

My Recent Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Recent Thoughts   My Recent Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and confront these thoughts

Aevlore wrote:
Recently, i've been thinking about some boorish, random things again (Moan...), but these things caught my interest, funnily.

What if everyone had trust in everyone? Would there be need for police?
Stop thinking it will happen, it wont. Unless if we get under some brainwash machine, its nature for people to hate and distrust
Quote :

What if everyone believed in the same thing? Would it come true?

Sorry to be the realist cynic but that is just... ew... it wouldn't , that's like saying "Just because everyone else thinks it , it just HAS to be true!"
Quote :

Things like this interest me, because it gets you thinking of what would be the outcome of these questions. If everyone trusted each other, would there be a need for police?

To me, no. If everyone had trust, we wouldn't need to worry about whether they're going to rob the corner shop, or go joyriding. To me, I don't know why no one HAS trust in each other.

Again , even if people TRUSTED each other (which wont happen) there would still be bad people on this planet, so... yes.

Quote :

My next thought is over-protective parents. It 'annoys' me to see parents restricting their children to more or less everything to keep them safe.

Yes, I can understand to restrict them from a busy road, but you don't have to make them stay at the most 4ft from the house (Not literally, but that is what it seems)! What is life without risks? All you need to say to them is to 'Stay away from that busy road because it is too dangerous for someone your age', and make that point clear.

Also, parents who tell their children off for silly, minute things annoy me. Say a child was playing football near some cars. The ball goes in the air and bounces off a car. If that was your car, would you be bothered? I know I wouldn't, because no damage was done. But noooooo.. The child's mother flips out and tells the child off and sends him inside. Why?! No harm was done!

BE a parent first, or at least REALLY think of what it would be like to be one, its INCREDIBLY difficult to balance between being short and negligent and being overprotective and spoiling, you have to really drive home the fact that YOU are the caregiver and that THEY have to listen to you, but you also want them to love you, and respect you, children are HARD to raise. >.> (Thank gods I'm not a parent)
Quote :

My recent conclusion to a better world is "Humans should be as intelligent as all the other animals".

Why?

If humans had the intelligence range of, say a dog, or a horse, would they come up with the idea of cities, or organized civilization, or cars? Ever since the creation of cities and such, humankind has been, and will still be, their downfall. So, to me, human beings are better off as smart and intelligent as all the other animals.
So you think that doing what they humanity can to reproduce and actually SUCCEED is their downfall? Without our intelligence (yes our) we'd all be extinct! Survival of the best, really! And don't forget, we all, even though we are 'kin, must remember we are Human too, so don't think that you(generic) are above them, if you do , then you(generic) need to be smacked hard. Because its a stupid mindset of superiority e.e;. And don't assume that all animals have the same intelligence, even in the wild there are more and less intelligent animals, such as Dolphins and rats, and so on. So now then, why would we all be better off as smart as 'all the other animals'? I know what you are thinking , that with all the thoughts of war and global warming , that humanity needs to stop , yadda yadda. There, counterpoint, done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Recent Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Recent Thoughts   My Recent Thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Recent Thoughts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragon Twilight :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: